Lithops pseudotruncatella C187

General discussion about Lithops & stuff that doesn't fit anywhere else.
pvdw

Lithops pseudotruncatella C187

Postby pvdw » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:25 pm

Trying my hand on posting picks. here is some Lithops pseudotruncatella C187. Seeds sown on 15/09/17
Attachments
pse2.jpg
pse1.jpg

brom

Re: Lithops pseudotruncatella C187

Postby brom » Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:19 pm

All seedlings look very good. However, they are too close to each other and will very soon have no room for normal growth. Let's see what happens to them, I hope to see more photos ;)
Viele Grüße aus Marienthal
Boris

pvdw

Postby pvdw » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:49 pm

brom wrote:All seedlings look very good. However, they are too close to each other and will very soon have no room for normal growth. Let's see what happens to them, I hope to see more photos ;)

Yes Brom, I sow seeds like a bull in a China shop. If they want to survive they must grow faster than the others to earn there spot in the sun :lol:

These were some of my first attempts. Next time more care will be given to detail like spacing. For now I just tried to get them to germinate and stay alive. With this lot I also had to sort out my soil mix.

Will try to update this post every 4-6 weeks so you can see what happen as they grow.

Australian

Postby Australian » Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:14 pm

They do look a bit tight, but a lot of people plant Lithops tightly.

brom

Postby brom » Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:08 pm

pvdw wrote:If they want to survive they must grow faster than the others to earn there spot in the sun :lol:

I know this consideration, but I do not agree. Only the strongest will survive, but not the most beautiful ones. The most beautiful plants are almost never the strongest, but the most valuable! 8-)
Australian wrote:They do look a bit tight, but a lot of people plant Lithops tightly.

In most cases, this is just a waste of rare and expensive lithops seeds.
Viele Grüße aus Marienthal
Boris

Limania

Postby Limania » Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:38 pm

brom wrote: ... The most beautiful plants are almost never the strongest, but the most valuable!

In fact!

Return to “General Lithops Discussion”