Mesa Garden or Oz Lithops

General discussion about Lithops & stuff that doesn't fit anywhere else.
Australian

Re: Mesa Garden or Oz Lithops

Postby Australian » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:51 am

Allan1 wrote:The new owners of Mesa Garden worked for Steven Brack,before they bought the business.

Yes, they did, but as high school students in the summer. It's a different story if a person is on staff and has responsibilities about preparing orders and delivering them.

However it's good to hear from Brom that he was already able to pay his invoice.

Allan1

Postby Allan1 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:08 am

Steven Hammer was Quoted as saying "they worked for Steven Brack for more than 20 years."
Allan
Orkney
Lithops,Cacti,Conophytums,Tylecodons,Sempervivums and Sedums

Australian

Postby Australian » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:17 pm

They are in their early 30's... did they start at 10? I take any statement by Steve Hammer with a grain of salt. :D

brom

Postby brom » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:06 pm

Australian wrote:... did they start at 10?

:lol:
Probably it should be "... for more than 2 years"
The biggest innovation is that the invoice comes with the listing of varieties.
My order has already been sent.
Viele Grüße aus Marienthal
Boris

CrackedButtsLover

Postby CrackedButtsLover » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:11 am

Lucky you. I placed my order on Jan 9th and the only reply I got is this.

The next message you will receive from us will be to tell you that we are ready to complete your order.
This will take us many weeks to work through and we thank you for your patience during this time

Australian

Postby Australian » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:43 pm

This year I didn't place an order because I have enough seeds from last year to plant this year.

I suggest you follow MG on Facebook where they provide general updates like this one:
Mesa Garden
January 9 at 11:18am ·
We had technical difficulties today when we went live. The first automatic reply shut down our email. The first 100-300 emails did not get a reply. I am working on responding to those now.

If you place the order immediately after they publish their list as Brom did, then your order gets filled very soon. If this is not so, then it's all up in the air. However, in my view, if there is no reply or FB update within the first two week, it's worthwhile contacting them. I did so last year after a month of hearing nothing. They had lost my order, but then they filled in promptly. With a friend of mine the ordering dragged on until April, so he got about 25% of the order filled.

It amazes me how many internet problems they have. This is on top of the huge number of orders to be filled.

brom

Postby brom » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:30 pm

CrackedButtsLover wrote:Lucky you. I placed my order on Jan 9th ...

Hi CrackedButtsLover and welcome to the forum! Great nickname ... ;) Are you from China, if I should ask?
This has nothing to do with luck, because I have been waiting for update and called every minute the MG page.
I think your order will be processed in the second February half. It is best to order immediately after the appearance of the new list. So this time I get everything I ordered.
From any technical problems, I did not notice anything, everything worked fine.
Last edited by brom on Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Viele Grüße aus Marienthal
Boris

Australian

Postby Australian » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:06 pm

It's tricky to find the exact time the MG posts its new list in January. They tell you the day, but not the time. Oz-Lithops inform buyers on their mailing list about the time.

Return to “General Lithops Discussion”