L. karasmontana ssp. karasmontana v. aiaisensis C409

Specific Lithops in detail. Please limit one species, subspecies, variety or cultivar per thread.
brom

Re: L. karasmontana ssp. karasmontana v. aiaisensis C409

Postby brom » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:04 pm

It would be great if you get a reasonable answer from Moutons. Because normally we would buy the Tok's seeds from the new crop in the current update at Oz Lithops — these seeds were still produced by Tok!
This possibility was withdrawn from us and that is definitely not due to Oz Lithops. I suspect that these seeds remain as inaccessible to us as the seeds of Coles-Lithops, which are also in Alte Kalköfen!
Viele Grüße aus Marienthal
Boris

Australian

Postby Australian » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:09 pm

I have emailed a couple of people about the seeds of Tok's Lithops. Let's see which type of response I will get. I will keep you posted.

brom

Postby brom » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:35 pm

Regardless of the answer you may get... The seeds could be produced by someone else in the future, but unfortunately no longer by Tok Schoeman. And that's not the same, because that was HIS plants and he knew exactly what he was doing.
I did the right thing by buying almost exclusively Tok's seeds and now have seedlings of all the varieties that I have sown. I will sow some varieties later.
Boris

pvdw

Postby pvdw » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:19 am

brom wrote:I did the right thing by buying almost exclusively Tok's seeds and now have seedlings of all the varieties that I have sown. I will sow some varieties later.

So Brom, where can we sent our orders for seeds of the Tok ciltivars you have??? :D

mary44

Postby mary44 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:53 am

No wonder you have such interesting seedlings and plants Brom. Were you friends with Tok then? I wondered how you managed to get so many fine seeds. It is good though that his seeds were passed to people like you who grow them well and have a good chance to spread them on to other people in the future.

Australian

Postby Australian » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:37 am

A very reliable source told me that all of Tok's seeds went to one person who will plant them. I am still waiting for another answer.

At the last opportunity of buying Tok's seeds from Oz-Lithops I bought one packet of each species/cultivar so I have a few of his seeds.

I doubt that the Moutons will be interested in opening a business to sell seeds from the Lithops under their custody. They are busy to run their lodge and Lithoparium. For Oz-Lithops selling Lithops seeds, growing the plants, pollinating the flowers, opening the capsules, counting the seeds, etc is a full time job for the two owners of the business. It is not surprising that they stopped producing seeds of other Mesemb and other succulents. There is an Oz-Lithops website or a shop on Tsao-Bao (=Chinese domestic equivalent of eBay in the rest of the world), so seeds go on sale there too. However, Eric still has Chinese customers buying on the Oz-Lithops site.

brom

Postby brom » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:08 pm

pvdw wrote:So Brom, where can we sent our orders for seeds of the Tok ciltivars you have??? :D

8-) In fact, I have all of Tok's cultivars, or at least all the ones he officially registered. But they are too young to talk about seed production. Nevertheless, I give you my email address for all eventualities 8-)

mary44 wrote:Were you friends with Tok then?

Unfortunately, we did not meet in person, but he knew about me. We had a mutual friend. So I received a gift from Tok, of course the Lithops seeds, from his beautiful L. schwantesii v. marthae TOK74, which he found in the same location where he found L. amicorum. I really wanted to have these seeds and he just gave them to me, although I actually wanted to buy! I am not aware that the variety was ever sold.
mary44 wrote:It is good though that his seeds were passed to people like you who grow them well and have a good chance to spread them on to other people in the future.

I really hope that I will not disappoint you.
Boris

brom

Postby brom » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:41 pm

Australian wrote:I doubt that the Moutons will be interested in opening a business to sell seeds from the Lithops under their custody. They are busy to run their lodge and Lithoparium.

This corresponds to what I have already written.
The plants were locked up in a museum and will stay there. Just as one could equally make a herbarium of it.
Boris

Return to “Lithops Species, Subspecies, Varieties & Cultivars”