Mesa Garden or Oz Lithops

General discussion about Lithops & stuff that doesn't fit anywhere else.
brom

Re: Mesa Garden or Oz Lithops

Postby brom » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:25 pm

I doubt if I will extend my membership in MSG.
There are several reasons for this:
    unfair seed distribution system
    bad quality of bulletins
    the actual sources of the seeds are kept secret
    there are no more seeds from Tok Schoeman
    I know that most of the seeds come from Oz Lithops now, but I can buy them directly from Oz Lithops without having to pay MSG fees.

A part of this post I deleted at the request of mary44. However, mary44 wanted to delete everything in this post. But I have my opinion and I can express it.
Last edited by brom on Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Viele Grüße aus Marienthal
Boris

mary44

Postby mary44 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:58 pm

mary44 wrote:Thats a bad idea Brom. Message it to friends maybe but not post it here. You forget people in the U.K, with our lousy postal service, cannot make use of email or PayPal to order seeds, my list usually arrives 3 to 4 days after other peoples. I'm not saying the way it is now is fair, but the playing field needs to be even if it is changed. I know you feel quite aggrieved about this as we have spoken privately about it.

Sorry Brom but quoting only part of what I said so it appears completely out of context just so you can empathise how unfair you think the current mailing/seed distribution system is, isn't a nice thing to do, especially as we agree it could be improved upon.

I believe our bulletins are sent out 2nd class post in the U.K (I will pay more attention next time one arrives), I do not know what method is used for overseas. I assume airmail. Maybe insufficient postage was put on? You would have to ask Topsy (I can't remember her real name right now ;) )

I send out seeds to all parts of the E.U every week, I have posted seeds to Germany today, they usually arrive almost as fast by airmail as first class mail within the U.K. so I am at a loss why yours should take so long. They are certainly there 3 to 5 days after posting.
You say, and now I quote you:
[/b]"I doubt if I will extend my membership in MSG.
There are several reasons for this:
unfair seed distribution system
bad quality of bulletins
the actual sources of the seeds are kept secret
there are no more seeds from Tok Schoeman
I know that most of the seeds come from Oz Lithops now, but I can buy them directly from Oz Lithops without having to pay MSG fees."

I disagree with all the other points you raise above, I have been a member for almost 20 years, my greenhouse houses quite a few elderly conophytums grown from seeds sown in 1999 which came from the MSG. I enjoy reading the bulletins, and I think the seeds come/came from a range of well known growers and not just Tok, and I am unaware their origions is kept secret.

Maybe this thread should be deleted by an admin as it is not serving any useful purpose?

Allan1

Postby Allan1 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:22 am

Lets just leave it there please.
Allan
Orkney
Lithops,Cacti,Conophytums,Tylecodons,Sempervivums and Sedums

brom

Postby brom » Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:31 am

Mesagarden Update is online
I hope you have ordered
Boris

Allan1

Postby Allan1 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:16 am

Thanks for the info Boris, I have not ordered anything as their is nothing new for me.
Allan
Orkney

brom

Postby brom » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:41 am

You are right Allan, only the prices are new 8-) And there are fewer Lithops available than last year. I only ordered a few varieties because I need more specimans for my selections. Otherwise, the 2018 list is less interesting than it used to be.
Boris

Australian

Postby Australian » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:43 pm

MG is still in a transitional period from Steve Brack to the Morerods who inherited an archaic web-based system. I also think they are overall inexperienced in the seeds business. On top of that last year they recorded a massive increase of orders which mainly came from China. I believe we need to give MG a few years to design their new business before criticizing them. I ordered from them last year, but my order got misplaced. When I contacted them, they were prompt in filling it. Of course, I didn't get all the seeds I ordered, but overall was happy with the result. This year I didn't order any because I still have enough seeds left from the past.

I do like MSG and their bulletin. Maybe they should email the seed list to all members at once so they will all be at par when placing their orders.

brom

Postby brom » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:01 pm

Australian wrote:I believe we need to give MG a few years to design their new business before criticizing them.
I do not criticize Mesagarden at all. And I have to say honestly that the ordering system does not bother me. I am particularly interested in the range of different varieties. What uses the best ordering system if I find nothing there for me?
Boris

Allan1

Postby Allan1 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:21 am

The new owners of Mesa Garden worked for Steven Brack,before they bought the business.
Allan
Orkney

brom

Postby brom » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:44 am

I have to say Mesa Garden works very fast now! I have already received the bill and have already paid! :lol:
Boris

Return to “General Lithops Discussion”