Compare sowing L. hookeri v. dabneri cv 'Annarosa'

General discussion about Lithops & stuff that doesn't fit anywhere else.
brom

Compare sowing L. hookeri v. dabneri cv 'Annarosa'

Postby brom » Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:06 am

Last year I sowed L. hookeri v. dabneri cv 'Annarosa' and was absolutely thrilled by the small plantlets and their development. I have never seen this variety and that was like a real discovery for me. The seeds came from Tok Schoeman via Oz Lithops. Here is a photo from last year, taken after I piqued them:

AnnarosaTOK_01.10.16jpg.jpg

The incredible color impressed me a lot and I decided to sow more. I bought seeds from three different sources and wanted to see what comes out of it 8-)
On April 8, 2017, the first to start was the cv 'Annarosa' of Greenstone Nursery. Later, results have been pretty disappointing here. It was here reached a germination rate of only 37.5% and the color is too yellow for my taste. Here is a photo of today:

AnnarosaGion_16.12.2017.jpg

I have to continue now in a new post to place more photos...
Viele Grüße aus Marienthal
Boris

brom

Re: Compare sowing L. hookeri v. dabneri cv 'Annarosa'

Postby brom » Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:22 am

Three days later, on April 11, 2017, L.hookeri v dabneri cv 'Annarosa' by Tok Schoeman went to the start.
Here are the results:
germination rate reached 73%; the color is very good; due to the uneven germination, the seedlings are different in size. The photo of today:

AnnarosaTok_16.12.jpg

Because I have little time for my hobby, I could not do the third sowing until May 1st. MSG's 'Annarosa' were sown on May 1st.
The germination rate reached impeccable 100%. The seedlings develop very well and are at least as large as the seedlings that are one month older. The color is also very good. Because MSG itself does not produce seeds, the actual source of seeds remains unknown.

AnnarosaMSG_16.12.jpg
Boris

mary44

Postby mary44 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:58 am

What a lovely green. If Oz Lithops and may be Tok himself donated seeds to MSG maybe they are closely related seeds. They look very similar.

Australian

Postby Australian » Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:26 am

Overall you were very successful ... well done!!!

pvdw

Postby pvdw » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:06 pm

Now those plants give a new meaning to the words "Green Lithops"

Very nice to see such neat pots and healthy plants. Well done.

brom

Postby brom » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:23 pm

mary44 wrote:... may be Tok himself donated seeds to MSG

You're right! When I found out, these MSG-seeds came from Tok. So these are seeds from the same plants, just from another crop :lol:
Australian wrote:Overall you were very successful ... well done!!!

Thank you. This cultivar is not complicated, but you need a lot of patience... 8-)
pvdw wrote:Now those plants give a new meaning to the words "Green Lithops"

Yes, these are really very green, and I like that very much. Because most so-called green Lithops are actually much more yellow than green. However, you can make them more green by putting them in the shade 8-) But then they can lose their shape...
Boris

Return to “General Lithops Discussion”