Lithops otzeniana 'Český Granat'

General discussion about Lithops & stuff that doesn't fit anywhere else.
dimsum621

Lithops otzeniana 'Český Granat'

Postby dimsum621 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:26 am

Question on this Lithops otzeniana 'Český Granat? Are they rare? Saw this online but not sure if this is worth the price! :?: :roll:

Limania

Re: Lithops otzeniana 'Český Granat'

Postby Limania » Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:24 pm

It's a very nice cultivar indeed, I've only one, grown from seeds - but all brothers and sisters died ... not easy to grow as seedling and one of my favourites in fact - I nearly could say the best.
Instead: I never bought seeds for more than one Euro a grain and will do so in the future.

That's my plant
Attachments
compL. otzeniana Czesky Granat (2).jpg

Allan1

Postby Allan1 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:08 pm

They are mostly not as dark as Limania's. I have some dark ones growing and even they have a green one in the middle of them. If you pay a lot of money for the seed and they come up pale colours or green then you may be disappointed.
I have found that they are not too difficult here but I do give them a little less water than some Lithops.
If you try them let us Know how you get on.
Allan
Orkney
Lithops,Cacti,Conophytums,Tylecodons,Sempervivums and Sedums

dimsum621

Postby dimsum621 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:03 am

I saw them on eBay and the price keep raising. The colors are beautiful so as the patterns. I keep telling myself not to buy lithops that are too expensive since I am still learning how to grow them. The temptation each time I look at it :twisted: is killing me!!!

Limania

Postby Limania » Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:33 am

Keep calm - even between seedlings of my own cross breedings of different "dark" cultivars there are only a few "excellent colors" ... so if you buy f.e. 10 grains, you may have an expensive invoice but more or less worthless plants :!:

Return to “General Lithops Discussion”