A couple of weeks ago I sowed about 100 pots of lithops seedlings from various sources. I found my hand sprayers to spray the pots each day, and one of them had obviously stood in the sun and the insides had gone green. So I decided to wash it out and put a bit of bleach solution into the sprayer to kill any remaining green. I left the sprayer on the side and forgot about it.
Today I went into the kitchen to fill my little sprayer with fresh water. And I was in a hurry, spotted the second sprayer sitting there full of "water" and grabbed it and started spraying my seedlings, till a strong smell of bleach stopped me in my tracks
. Fortunately I had only sprayed a few pots but even so there were some nice little seedlings in danger of destruction. So I grabbed my other sprayer and soaked and soaked the pots in water to try to dilute the bleach assuming it was still active in the sprayer (certainly smelled eye wateringly strong).
Tonight one or two seedlings look a bit yellow, so keeping fingers crossed I managed to dilute the solution before it was too late.
I felt very stupid I have to say.