Hi from East coast Australia

Welcome to Lithops Forum! Please say "hi" & introduce yourself.
GraemeAustralia

Hi from East coast Australia

Postby GraemeAustralia » Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:40 pm

I have had a few Lithops over the years but its only recently I became interested in growing them from seed. I guess this is partly because prior to the internet, access to seed or for that matter information was quite limited unless you were lucky enough to live somewhere there was a plant group that delved into such things. Luckily we now live in the information age and all such problems are behind us.
I have started modestly, considering that I am old and have limited time to to grow an interesting collection, and to this end I have planted a couple of thousand seed most of which are growing well and developing there first pair of real leaves. It has turned out to be a fascinating process and I am enjoying the challenge.

Thank you for accepting me into your group.

Regards Graeme

Allan1

Re: Hi from East coast Australia

Postby Allan1 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:19 am

Welcome to the forum Graeme, please keep us updated on your seedlings progress as they grow.
I hope they are not sffering too much with your extreme heat, if you are near Sydney.
Allan
Orkney
Lithops,Cacti,Conophytums,Tylecodons,Sempervivums and Sedums

GraemeAustralia

Postby GraemeAustralia » Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:33 pm

Thanks Allan - Fortunately I moved from the area around Sydney a few years ago. I now live 500km North and enjoy a much more moderate climate. It was one of the reasons we moved. We used to have a vineyard and winery on the outskirts of Sydney but the 45 deg C temps and the lows of 5deg C in winter were not much fun. Where we now live it rarely gets hotter than 32 or colder than 15deg C. Good weather for growing Lithops.

Limania

Postby Limania » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:26 am

Welcome - and it's never to late for growing lithops -... ;)

Australian

Postby Australian » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:30 pm

Welcome to the forum!
:D

Return to “Introductions”