Hello from NJ

Welcome to Lithops Forum! Please say "hi" & introduce yourself.
Susan

Hello from NJ

Postby Susan » Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:09 pm

Hi All,
I've posted several times and it has not seemed to make its way to the forum. So either I'm going to give up or you're all going to get multiple instances of me saying hello.
I'm from New Jersey, USA. I just began with Lithops this summer (about June) and have lost a few which is making me sad. I'm worrying about them and want to learn more so I can keep them alive.
This photo is my favorite collection right now, I really love the color but all of them are sweet.
IMG_6032-1.jpg

Allan1

Re: Hello from NJ

Postby Allan1 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:16 pm

Hello June and welcome to the forum. You have some nice looking plants there,but not all Lithops. The red ones are Pleisopilos nellii royal flush and the large green one is a Haworthia. The other 4 in the top left are all Lithops.I would pot them up seperately as each Genus has different watering requirements. Good luck with them ( no more water for the Lithops ).
Allan
Orkney
Lithops,Cacti,Conophytums,Tylecodons,Sempervivums and Sedums

Susan

Postby Susan » Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:17 pm

Well thank you so much Allan. I've been worrying on this. I just looked at them and thought, should I take the Haworthia out of the mix but now you've added that I should separate the lithops from the Pleiospilos. So I am afraid of disturbing them but will consider getting this done.

I guess I had originally thought, they are all succulents so they will fair well. As I've learned more I realize that their needs are different. Thank you for confirming this.

Sue :)

Allan1

Postby Allan1 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:00 pm

Sorry for the delay in answering Susan. I would separate them when the soil is dry and not water for a couple of weeks, they should be ok if you are careful. Good luck with them.
Allan
Orkney
Lithops,Cacti,Conophytums,Tylecodons,Sempervivums and Sedums

Return to “Introductions”