?? Mesa gardens

Share your favourite Lithops links & websites here.
mary44

?? Mesa gardens

Postby mary44 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:46 am

I ordered once from them 2 years ago, and decided not to last year. I am debating whether to try to order this January and wondered if it is going to be worth it. And also, if I do if you can recommend any seeds they may list that you have purchased in the past that proved to be really nice plants?

Last time I seem to remember I emailed through my list of numbers and they later invoiced me a total requesting paypal payment, and then eventually received the seeds weeks later. I didn't know until the seeds arrived exactly what I had managed to order but did get some rarities like salicola bacchus, but have heard that with the new owners and the Chinese influx unless you order in the first few seconds of the list going live now you have no chance of getting any rarities. Which almost removes any desire to race to order, or indeed order at all.

It is lucky we have the MSG seed list each year. With that wonderful list of seeds and at such a reasonable price I do wonder if it worth the effort to go to Mesa gardens any more.

Australian

Re: ?? Mesa gardens

Postby Australian » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:05 am

Until Mesa Garden finishes updating their software, it will all remain a punt. We don't know afterwards. They also need to accept that they cannot serve a massive market of succulent and cacti growers with a collection of several thousands of plant species. In a way it is the same with Oz-Lithops at the ordering stage, if the system fails as it did. At least we know within a day whether we got our seeds. Eric is smart to concentrate on Lithops seeds only, apart from a handful of other Mesemb species.

This morning the Oz-Lithops collapsed. Last night I ordered and paid for 10 packets of seeds. However, in my account the order got duplicated. I only paid for one set of packets which will arrive in January. I don't need them soon anyway.

mary44

Postby mary44 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:44 am

How strange your order was duplicated. I know on other websites using a credit card one can inadvertently double order but not using PayPal. Which is worse a duplicate order or no order at all. We are all at the mercy of technology that thankfully usually works as it should.

Australian

Postby Australian » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:04 pm

It was duplicated with the same order number as shown on my order list. I tend to believe that the site has been hacked again because it has been down for 5 hours. It has nothing to do with Eric. He stopped processing orders on Friday so he will ship on Monday. He is probably still at home. Maybe also his own server is down. His website is located overseas though.

brom

Postby brom » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:24 pm

mary44 wrote:... And also, if I do if you can recommend any seeds they may list that you have purchased in the past that proved to be really nice plants?

I would answer you via PM, if you agree.
Viele Grüße aus Marienthal
Boris

mary44

Postby mary44 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:46 pm

brom wrote:
mary44 wrote:... And also, if I do if you can recommend any seeds they may list that you have purchased in the past that proved to be really nice plants?

I would answer you via PM, if you agree.

Yes please :)

Return to “Lithops Links”