karamonstana and also rubria

A gallery of Lithops.
Susan

karamonstana and also rubria

Postby Susan » Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:53 pm

Here are some of my lithops. I have really become enamored of the red ones. Often when purchasing them I am not receiving that much of a specific to their species.
Perhaps the more difficult it is to grow them the more attached one becomes to them. I am not sure but I'm creating a lot of anxiety about there ability to get through the winter here in New Jersey.
:-)
Attachments
IMG_6030-1.jpg
IMG_6036-1.jpg
IMG_6036-1.jpg (164.69 KiB) Viewed 980 times
IMG_6032-1.jpg

Allan1

Re: karamonstana and also rubria

Postby Allan1 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:22 pm

Hello Susan, you should be able to keep all these dry over winter. The plant in the middle of the bowl in the 2nd photo is a Gasteria. You are obviously doing something right as one is flowering, good luck with them.
Allan
Orkney
Lithops,Cacti,Conophytums,Tylecodons,Sempervivums and Sedums

Susan

Postby Susan » Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:55 am

Hi Allan,

Thanks for your reply. Yes I have several that have flowered and one that is flowering as we speak. So if you happen upon this post....is it absolutely a big mistake for me to leave the Haworthias and Gasterias in with the Lithops, etc. And, if one is flowering...should it be watered? But what if the others in the pot have had their flowering time and it's passed?

Thanks!

Sue

Allan1

Postby Allan1 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:13 pm

Hi Susan, you do not need to water lithops just because they are flowering, water them because they are wrinkling in the growing season. If there are several Lithops in a pot, it is not easy to decide when to water as some will want water and others won't.
Allan
Orkney
Lithops,Cacti,Conophytums,Tylecodons,Sempervivums and Sedums

Return to “Lithops Photos”